Taylor Stitch the Rover Jacket in Charcoal Birdseye Waxed Wool
To rove is to wander. Fittingly, we designed and constructed the Rover Jacket with exploration and discovery in mind. It’s built to be an everyday garment that accompanies you on everyday adventures, big and small. After a brief absence, this Taylor Stitch mainstay is back in a remarkably elegant birdseye wool. As has become Rover tradition, it’s been waxed for weather resistance, this time in collaboration with industry leaders Halley Stevensons in Scotland. One for the rover in all of us.
Few can claim to have a broader understanding of wool than the folks at the Abraham Moon Mill, which has been operating in Guiseley, Leeds since 1837 (for those keeping track, that’s when Queen Victoria ascended the throne). In the intervening years, they’ve established themselves as one of the most widely respected manufacturers of fine wool fabrics on the planet. 100% Moon Wool, treated by the weatherproofing experts at Halley Stevensons, serves as the foundation of this UK-made jacket, while 10oz British black moleskin lining grants extra insulation and matte black grommet vents at the armpits allow air to flow.
- Custom developed Halley Stevenson 13-oz. 100% waxed wool with Moon Wool.
- Halley Stevenson is the leading expert in waxed and weatherproof fabrics since 1864.
- Moon is one of Great Britain's most historic woolen mills founded in 1837.
- Body lined in 10-oz. British cotton moleskin.
- Moleskin lined collar, collar stand, inside cuffs, and underneath pocket flaps.
- Matte black armpit grommet vents.
- Three gusseted snap-closure pockets.
- Adjustable cuffs with snap closure.
- Antique brass YKK two-way zipper with leather pulls.
- Custom matte black YKK bear snaps.
- Signature zig-zag reinforcement on the back of collar.
- Spot clean only.
- Made in United Kingdom.